The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is currently perceived as one of the greatest global threats, not only to public health and well-being, but also to global economic and social stability. A variety of public health and hygiene measures have been initiated; the most visually noticeable perhaps is the wearing of face masks.
Wearing face masks is recommended as part of personal protective equipment and as a public health measure to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Keeping this in mind, Futureseed Earth Foundation started free mask donation campign and awareness in June 2020. We provided masks to the needy ones who were unable to purchase masks due to financial crisis or mainly due to lack of awareness of the usefulness of masks. We started this campaign at various locations like Delhi NCR, Rewari, Bareilly and have distributed over 20000 masks so far. During this campaign, we also make people aware about covid-19 appropriate behavior which are mentioned below.
- When you wear a mask, you protect others as well as yourself. Masks work best when everyone wears one.
- A mask is NOT a substitute for social distancing. Masks should still be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially when indoors around people who don’t live in your household.
- Masks should completely cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of face without gaps.
- Masks should be worn any time you are traveling on a plane, bus, train, or other form of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- People age 2 and older should wear masks in public settings and when around people who don’t live in their household.
- Wear a mask inside your home if someone you live with is sick with symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60%.